Preventive Care: Elevating Your Pet’s Well-Being
Preventive veterinary care is the cornerstone of keeping your pet healthy so that you and your pet can have more great years together. Since pets age more quickly than people do, it is critical to have regular physical examinations done to assess your pet’s health. During routine preventive exams, your veterinarian will assess overall body condition, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, throat, heart and lungs, abdominal organs, musculoskeletal system, neurologic system, urogenital system, lymph nodes, and skin/coat.
When health problems are identified, a medical plan will be outlined to evaluate the problems in depth. If your pet appears to be healthy enough for routine preventive care, your veterinarian will discuss which immunizations are advised, as well as parasite prevention, including heartworm disease, intestinal parasites, and ectoparasites (fleas, ticks, etc.). Annual age-appropriate lab tests, testing for heartworm and/or tick-borne diseases, and fecal tests for parasites may also be recommended for your pet. Finally, your pet’s nutrition, diet, and exercise routines can be assessed and optimized to help them be in the best physical condition for their lifestyle and age. Remember, keeping up with preventive care for your pet is the best way to keep your pet happy and healthy for life.
The Benefits of Pet Preventive Care
Pet preventive care is more than just a checklist of medical procedures; it is a comprehensive approach to maintaining your pet’s optimal health and well-being. When you choose Crossroads Animal Hospital for your pet’s preventive care needs, you can expect the following benefits:
- Early Detection and Prevention: Routine physical examinations enable us to identify health issues early and implement preventive measures before they escalate.
- Customized Health Assessments: Our expert veterinarians thoroughly assess every aspect of your pet’s well-being, tailoring care to their unique needs and lifestyle.
- Immunization and Parasite Prevention: We discuss and recommend essential immunizations and provide comprehensive parasite prevention strategies, protecting your pet from common threats.
- Age-Appropriate Lab Tests: Annual lab tests, including heartworm and tick-borne disease screenings, offer a deeper understanding of your pet’s health and aid in early detection.
- Nutrition and Exercise Optimization: We evaluate your pet’s nutrition, diet, and exercise routines, ensuring they are in their best physical condition to lead a fulfilling life.